Registration Mobility within Switzerland: Incoming

At the moment applications for incoming mobility within Switzerland are not possible due to work at the application portal.

The application period for Fall Semester 2018 opens again on Monday, 7 May 2018. Please also refer to the page application deadlines.

Thank you for your cooperation.


Student Mobility in a Minor Subject

If you are a student from another Swiss university, you can place a request to study a minor subject at the University of Zurich if the minor subject is not offered at your home university. Your request will be accepted if there is enough capacity in the subject at UZH. You must submit an agreement on study requirements from your home university when applying. The dean's office at the faculty in question will generally issue the agreement. Valid study and examination regulations apply and are available on the faculties' websites.

Studying at More Than One University / Module Mobility

Students from other Swiss universities and the Zurich University of Teacher Education may attend individual modules and courses at the University of Zurich, take assessments, and receive ECTS credits. Your home university will recognize your academic achievement as long as it is in compliance with their prevailing regulations.

Module mobility is a supplement to your studies at your home university. It is not offered if you have been excluded from studies at, or dropped out of, your home university.

Joint Degree In-Mobility

Joint Degree In-Mobility is for students from other universities who attend courses at the University of Zurich within a joint degree program offered by their home university and the University of Zurich. Examples of such programs: Master in Comparative and International Studies CIS, Master in Ancient Judaism, Master in Religion - Economics - Political Science.

Organized Student Mobility

Student mobility is organized through the following programs and organizations: Swiss-European Mobility Programme (formerly Erasmus), bilateral agreements, International Student Exchange Programs (ISEP), government grants, or the inner-Swiss mobility program CH-Unimobil. Students who are accepted to a program of study at the University of Zurich will be notified by the International Relations Office via the Student Administration Office by mail and informed about the registration process.