Magdalena Plamada, Dr.
Tel.: +41 44 635 71 20
Portrait and Research Interests
I'm a research assistant currently working on the digitization of the Horizonte magazine, i.e. converting it into a trilingual (EN, FR, DE) corpus and enriching it with linguistic information.
I am also a technical specialist in the Atharvaveda Paippalada (AVP) project at the Department of Comparative Linguistics of the University of Zurich, whose aim it to develop a digital critical edition of selected books of the AVP.
- Digital Humanities
- Statistical Machine Translation
- Speech synthesis
- 2010-2017: PhD in Computational Linguistics at the University of Zurich
- 2008‒2010: Master degree in Computational Linguistics at the Faculty of Computer Science, "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" University of Iasi, Romania
- 2005–2008: Bachelor degree in Computer Science at the Faculty of Computer Science, "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" University of Iasi, Romania
- 2007: Erasmus-semester at the Università degli Studi di Bari, Italia
Jitca, Doina; Apopei, Vasile; Jitca, Magdalena (2009). The F0 Contour Modelling as Functional Accentual Unit Sequences. In: International Journal of Speech Technology 12(2-3):75-82