Status: 17 May 2022
The Executive Board of the University recommends that attendees continue to wear masks in courses and examinations until the end of the semester.
There may also be other situations in which it would be sensible to wear masks. The decision on when to wear a mask is now being left up to UZH members’ own discretion. We ask that you continue to treat each other considerately and display respect and tolerance in this regard.
Directive for Staff: General Operations During the Endemic Phase
The Directive on General Operations During the Endemic Phase of 12 April 2022 replaces the Directive on General Operations During the Special Situation of 17 February 2022 and the Directive on Staff with Children Requiring Care of 3 February 2022. Its core concern is UZH’s duty of care and duty to protect the health of its employees.
Directive on General Operations During the Endemic Phase of 12 April 2022 (Website UZH for Staff)
General Operations and Coronavirus / COVID-19 (in German; Website UZH for Staff)
Suspension of Corona Testing
The Corona Test Centres in the Lecturers' Foyer at the Irchel Campus and at Schinhuetgasse near the Centre are no longer in operation. Symptom-free individuals can still be tested at the Corona Center of UZH.
Corona Centre UZH
Coronavirus: Recommendations for UZH Members
- Follow the general hygiene rules of the FOPH. They’re effective and sensible.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home. This way you can protect people who are vulnerable.
- By reporting a confirmed infection with Covid-19, you can help your line managers fulfill their duty of care and duty to protect the health of employees.
- UZH units will continue to take necessary, appropriate and proportionate measures to maintain their service provision and to protect those at high risk.
- Please be respectful of your colleagues when it comes to individual approaches to the topic of coronavirus.