Status: 2 November 2020
On-Site Teaching Suspended / General Obligation to Wear Masks
The Federal Council has announced new measures to contain and curb the second wave of the pandemic. As a result of these measures, UZH must further reduce its on-site presence. The following points now apply:
- On-Site Teaching Suspended: On-site events at UZH are prohibited until further notice. Courses (including continuing education programs) will be held entirely in digital formats. Exceptions are courses that require attendance in person (e.g. practical classes in a lab or clinic) and selected individual lessons (e.g. for certain forms of examinations). Your faculty will inform you of exceptions in good time.
- General Obligation to Wear Masks: Masks are now obligatory in all indoor and outdoor areas of UZH.
The following still applies:
- The buildings will remain open in principle.
- Services (e.g. libraries, advisory services, cafeterias) will continue to be provided as far as possible. More information about the opening hours of the cafeterias can be found on the cafeterias website.
- Study spaces in libraries, public areas and selected lecture halls continue to be available for you to use.
Use of Study Spaces by Students
This is how we protect ourselves at UZH:
- Masks must be worn when using study spaces.
- Masks may only be removed in order to eat or drink.
- Desks/chairs may not be moved.
- Empty lecture halls/classrooms may be used for studying at any time at the students’ own responsibility, provided the room is available ("Frei" shown on the room display or in the digital room occupancy plan at rooms.uzh.ch). Here too, the applicable rules must be adhered to (masks, 1.5 meters distance, disinfection of surfaces).
- Eating is not permitted in lecture halls/classrooms.
This Is How We Protect Each Other at UZH
Everyone at UZH (UZH members as well as external service providers and visitors) must adhere to the following rules
- We wear a mask in all indoor and outdoor areas of UZH.
- We adhere to the hygiene and conduct rules of the FOPH.
- We keep 1.5 meters away from other people at all times.
- We stay at home when we are ill or have returned from a high-risk area (according to the FOPH).
- If we have symptoms we observe the current rules.
- Students and guests only come to the university when their presence on-site is required.
- UZH recommends using the SwissCovid app.
Procedure for (Suspected) Cases of COVID-19
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 at UZH, all students are required to stay away from UZH if they become infected with coronavirus, develop symptoms that point to a infection or have been in close contact with someone infected with coronavirus. Please be sure to read the new fact sheet on how to proceed in case of a (suspected) COVID-19 infection:
Fact Sheet: Procedure for COVID-19 Infections