Status: 1 September 2020
Obligation to Wear Masks in Indoor Areas
It is obligatory to wear a mask in all public, freely accessible indoor areas of UZH. This includes for example in corridors, atriums, restrooms, elevators, museums, libraries, cafeterias and when walking from one place to another.
You are not obliged to wear a mask in outdoor areas of UZH provided sufficient distances between people are maintained.
This is how we protect each other at UZH
Everyone at UZH must adhere to the following rules
- We wear a mask when moving around in all indoor publicly accessible areas.
- We adhere to the hygiene and conduct rules of the FOPH.
- We keep 1.5 meters away from other people at all times.
- We wear masks where required to do so.
- We stay at home when we are ill or have returned from a high-risk area (according to the FOPH).
- If we have symptoms we observe the current rules.
- Students and guests only come to the university when their presence on-site is required.
- UZH recommends using the SwissCovid app.
Study Spaces for Students
Study spaces are available for students in the public areas of UZH. In addition, rooms that are unoccupied as shown on the digital booking screen outside the room) may be used by UZH students at their own responsibility provided they adhere to the applicable rules (in particular 1.5-meter distances, disinfection of desks/work surfaces).
Procedure for (Suspected) Cases of COVID-19
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 at UZH, all students are required to stay away from UZH if they become infected with coronavirus, develop symptoms that point to a infection or have been in close contact with someone infected with coronavirus. Please be sure to read the new fact sheet on how to proceed in case of a (suspected) COVID-19 infection:
Fact Sheet: Procedure for COVID-19 Infections