Mobility within Switzerland – Incoming

Requirements and duration

Students who are enrolled at other Swiss universities and pay tuition fees there can attend courses and acquire ECTS credits at UZH free of charge within the framework of an agreement or as free mobility students. This requires an enrollment at UZH as a mobility student, which can be applied for via our Online Application Portal.

The duration of the mobility study is basically based on the agreement and is limited in time. After 6 semesters at the latest, a new application is required to check whether the admission requirements are still met.

Therefore, please check each semester in the application 'My enrollment and personal data' whether there is an enrollment for the next semester.

Please refer to the descriptions of the different mobility types.

Module Mobility (Studying at More Than One University)

The easiest way to take individual modules/courses to supplement your studies at your home university is with module mobility. This option is neither available for students who are definitively expelled or barred from the relevant program at their home university, nor for students, who missed the deadline for a regular enrolment at UZH.

First consult the UZH course catalogue to find out which courses and modules are available during the semester you plan to spend at UZH. Check with your home university whether you will receive credits for the modules you intend to take. Master’s level modules are not open to Bachelor’s students.

Please note that the Department of Psychology offers only a limited selection of modules to mobility students. Please therefore contact the department’s mobility supervisor (in German only) in advance if you are interested in studying there.

Mobility in a Minor Study Program

Mobility in a Minor Study Program enables you to take and complete all ECTS credits of a minor study program at UZH.

The admission requirements are:

    The program is not offered at the home university.
    The program can be completed within a degree program at the home university.
    You have a learning agreement of the home university.

Joint Degree In-Mobility

Joint Degree In-Mobility is provided for students who are enrolled in a joint degree program at their home university that is run in collaboration by their home university and UZH. Examples include: Master’s in Comparative and International Studies CIS; Master’s in Ancient Judaism; Master’s in Religion – Economics – Political Science.


CH-Unimobil is for students from another Swiss university who would like to study at UZH for one or two semesters. The aim is in particular to promote exchange across language borders.

Participation in the exchange within the CH-Unimobil program is only possible if you have previously applied for this program at your home university and your nomination has subsequently been confirmed by UZH by e-mail. Therefore, please inform yourself first about the respective valid application deadlines at your home university. As soon as your participation has been confirmed by UZH, we will send you further information on how to apply to UZH.

The duration is limited to 2 semesters.

Information about the strategic partnership and exchange in the CH-Unimobil programme between UZH and the University of Geneva can be found here:
UZH - UniGE Student Exchange

Application and Deadlines

Applications are submitted via the UZH application portal.

Please check the application periods and deadlines.

Please note: The deadlines apply to the submission of the application. Missing or faulty documents in an application, that was submitted before the deadline, can still be added or replaced after the deadline.