A minor in Astrophysics is offered at the Institute for Computational Sciences and is only open to students majoring in Physics. Students planning to concentrate in Astrophysics during their master’s are advised to complete this minor during their bachelor. Physics I to II are prerequisites for coursework in this minor (PHY111, PHY121, PHY131) as well as mechanics (PHY311).
Students may choose a minor with 30 or 60 ECTS credits.
Compulsory and Core Elective modules
The compulsory modules for a minor with 60 ECTS credits are identical to those for a a minor with 30 ECTS credits.
Core Elective modules for Minor with 60 ECTS credits
The remaining 30 ECTS must be selected from the following core elective modules:
- AST512 Theoretical Astrophysics (10 ECTS)
- AST513 Theoretical Cosmology (10 ECTS)
- PHY511 General Relativity (10 ECTS)
- ETHZ Statistical Methods in Cosmology and Astrophysics (6 ECTS)
- ETHZ Cosmological Probes (6 ECTS)
- ETHZ Extrasolar Planets (6 ECTS)
- ETHZ Observational Techniques in Astrophysics (6 ECTS)
- ETHZ Physics of Star and Planet Formation (6 ECTS)
- ETHZ Astrophysics II (10 ECTS)
The Guide to Physics Studies (PDF, 504 KB) provides comprehensive information about the Bachelor's and Master's programs.