- Any introductory physics text book (Halliday & Resnick, Tipler, ...)
Dr. Andreas Hinzmann
|email@example.com||in charge of online homework (OLAT)|
|Dr. Alberto Zucchetta
(italien / english speaking)
|firstname.lastname@example.org||in charge of written exercises|
(italian / english speaking)
Homework and Solutions
Homeworks and solutions, and other materials will be stored on OLAT.
|PHY116||Physics for minors (8 KP): Fundamentals, mechanics, oscillations, rotations, special theory of relativity, theory of elasticity, hydrodynamics|
|PHY118||Physics for chemists (5 KP): Fundamentals, mechanics, oscillations, rotations,
- for 9 weeks until November 15, 2016
|PHY119||Special theory of relativity, theory of elasticity, hydrodynamics
- after November 15, 2016
- additional for chemists in minos
There will be 3 types of assessments for this class:
- Online conceptual homeworks (OLAT): https://lms.uzh.ch/ You will get one homework assigned per week on Wednesdays by email. To be completed individually. You will have 1 week to complete it (due the following Wednesday). These homeworks are "true/false" or "multiple choice" and be relatively short assignments if you have reviewed your lecture notes. Please log in immediately to see if you can access the course.
- Written exercises. These will be assigned on Wednesday, and turned in to the Teachers Assistant (TA) in your exercise session the following week. These exercises will not be part of your grade. If you give them to your TA, they will correct them by the following week. As an incentive to do your homework, 50% of the exam will be almost the same as these homeworks.
- Exam. January 18th. If you obtain >= 50% on the OLAT homeworks, you can take the exam. The exam will be your grade for the class.
- No laptops, phones, facebook, etc. during class (unless requested by me for polling)