Changing Contact Data

You can view and change your contact data like address and phone number at any time in the Student Portal under "My Enrollment and Personal Data."

The changes will be effective immediately for all correspondence and all student administration documents.

Obligation for Reporting Change of Contact Details

You are obliged to inform the Student Services within 10 about changes of your contact details in the Student Portal.

Use of Contact Details

In the Student Portal, in the application 'My enrollment and personal data', you can specify for which purposes your postal and UZH e-mail address may be used:

1) Exclusively concerning studies

Concerning studies means that you will receive mailings from the faculties and the central offices that you need for your studies. This can also be general mailings such as Christmas greetings from the Rector, information on house rules, etc.

2) For matters related to UZH

If you have selected this option, you will also receive mailings in which test persons or student assistants are sought or other information that does not directly concern your studies.

3) For matters related to UZH and third parties

If you select this option, you will also receive job postings from companies looking for students or other information that does not directly concern your studies.

Even if you have selected 2) or 3), your address will not be passed on for further use, but only for one-time use.

Your address may also be passed on to third parties if data processing is carried out by third parties on behalf of UZH, e.g. sending invoices.

The company commissioned and the persons working there must all complete a UZH data protection declaration that they will not pass on the data.