Status: 3 June 2021
Planning Principles for Teaching in the 2021 Fall Semester
Based on current federal government information and forecasts on the pandemic as well as planned measures by the UZH pandemic management team, teaching at UZH in the 2021 Fall Semester is expected to be able to take place in a mostly regular fashion, i.e. without significant restrictions and distancing rules. The associated planning principles were approved by the Executive Board of the University on 1 June 2021. The current Spring Semester 2021 will be ended with the measures currently in place.
Work from home until 23 August 2021
The requirement to work from home will be lifted at UZH from 23 August 2021. The conditions for a possible phased implementation of on-site operations are currently in planning.
All Information for Staff
UZH Buildings and Libraries Closed to the Public, Museums to Reopen
All UZH buildings and libraries are closed to the public until further notice, except for those attending public events. Access is permitted for UZH students, employees and authorized people in research and teaching. The university museums and botanical gardens are reopened their regular opening hours.
Current Opening Hours and Services for UZH Members
- Study Spaces can still be used. Please only use the spaces if there is no suitable space for learning at your home.
- UZH buildings are accessible to UZH members until Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 7:00pm, exceptions are possible (e.g. libraries). Access thereafter will only be possible for those with a key or access badge:
Opening Hours of UZH Buildings
- The library services available for UZH members can be found on the libraries website:
Services UZH Libraries
- The cafeterias are offering a reduced service for UZH members:
Opening Hours UZH Cafeterias
- The ASVZ sports facilities are open again.
This Is How We Protect Each Other at UZH
Everyone at UZH (UZH members as well as external service providers and visitors) must adhere to the following rules
- We wear a mask in all indoor and outdoor areas of UZH.
- We adhere to the hygiene and conduct rules of the FOPH.
- We keep 1.5 meters away from other people at all times.
- We stay at home when we are ill or have returned from a high-risk area (according to the FOPH).
- If we have symptoms we observe the current rules.
- Students, employees and guests only come to the university when their presence on-site is required.
- UZH recommends using the SwissCovid app.