Status: 1 September 2020
Obligation to Wear Masks in Indoor Areas
It is obligatory to wear a mask in all public, freely accessible indoor areas of UZH. This includes for example in corridors, atriums, restrooms, elevators, museums, libraries, cafeterias and when walking from one place to another.
You are not obliged to wear a mask in outdoor areas of UZH provided sufficient distances between people are maintained.
This is how we protect each other at UZH
Everyone at UZH must adhere to the following rules
- We wear a mask when moving around in all indoor publicly accessible areas.
- We adhere to the hygiene and conduct rules of the FOPH.
- We keep 1.5 meters away from other people at all times.
- We wear masks where required to do so.
- We stay at home when we are ill or have returned from a high-risk area (according to the FOPH).
- If we have symptoms we observe the current rules.
- Students and guests only come to the university when their presence on-site is required.
- UZH recommends using the SwissCovid app.
Safety Concept for the University of Zurich
The protection of students, staff and visitors to the university is of the utmost importance to UZH. Our safety concepts play a central role in ensuring everyone’s security.
UZH members are requested to proactively take personal responsibility for ensuring that the safety concepts are implemented and that they and people around them stick to the rules.