Guest lectures 2011
In 2011, besides the Public Lecture Series on "Euro-Asian Knowledgescapes" and "Religionsbegriffe in der Moderne", the following researchers were invited for guest lectures:
- Prof. Dr. Rosi Braidotti (Utrecht University): Nomadic Feminist Theory in a Global Era
- Dr. Jakob De Roover (Gent University): On the Cultural Migration of Ideas
- Prof. Dr. Upendra Baxi (Fellow at the Käte Hamburger Centre for Advanced Study “Law as Culture”, University of Bonn): Human Rights & Corporate Social Responsibility: What, if any, Human Rights Responsibilities may Multinational Corporations owe to the worst‐off Humanity?
- Prof. Dr. Lisa Raphals (University of California/Riverside): Methodological Issues for the Comparative Study of Chinese and Greek Antiquity: the Example of Shuihudi and Dodona
- Prof. Dr. Jyoti Atwal (Centre for Historical Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi): "Colonial Perceptions of the Hindu Widow's 'Struggle Against Nature' in 19th Century India"
- Prof. Dr. Helene Basu (University of Munster): "Drugs and Prayers – Indian Psychiatry in the Realm of Saints"
- Prof. Dr. Helene Basu (Universität Münster): "Rituelle Gesetze: Staat und Besessenheit im modernen Indien"