Table of contents
The Double Degree Master’s programs that are conducted jointly with partner faculties offer students the opportunity to extend and consolidate their knowledge of the Swiss legal system, the legal system of the country of the partner faculty and international law. Participants acquire two Master's degrees ("Master of Law UZH" as well as the corresponding academic degree of the partner faculty) after a standard study period of two years.
If you apply to the University of Zurich, you will find further information under the following website:
Double Degree Outgoings
If you are enrolled at one of our partner faculties, you will find further information under the following website:
Double Degree Incomings
Currently the Faculty of Law of the University of Zurich maintains Double Degree Master's Agreements with the following partner faculties:
- King's College London, The Dickson Poon School of Law (Great Britain) (PDF, 450 KB)
- Maastricht University, Faculty of Law (The Netherlands) (PDF, 304 KB)
- The University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Law (People's Republic of China) (PDF, 459 KB)
- Université de Strasbourg, Faculté de Droit, Économie, Gestion et Sciences Politiques et Sociales (France) (PDF, 703 KB)
- University of California, Berkeley Law (USA) (PDF, 405 KB)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Faculty of Law (Belgium) (PDF, 522 KB)
- Doshisha University, Graduate School of Law (Japan) (PDF, 503 KB)
- University of Amsterdam, Faculty of Law (The Netherlands) (PDF, 801 KB)
- University of Johannesburg, Faculty of Law (South Africa) (PDF, 421 KB)
The Student Administration Office or Admissions Office are responsible for the admission to the University of Zurich. Information on admission can be found on the following website:
Admission Master of Law
In addition, the program-specific admission requirements of the respective partner faculties apply. For further information, please check the flyers under "Partner Faculties".
Students in the Double Degree Master's Program can choose between the following two study programs:
M Law UZH Rechtswissenschaft
M Law UZH International and Comparative Law
Within these study programs, students at the Faculty of Law UZH must complete the following modules totaling 60 ECTS credits
German-language Double Degree study program Rechtswissenschaft
|Common Subjects Core Elective Pool||6||Core Elective|
|Optional Elective Pool||42||Various|
English-language Double Degree study program International and Comparative Law
|Introduction to Swiss Law*||6||Compulsory|
|Common Subjects Core Elective Module||6||Core Elective|
|Core Elective Modules International Law||18||Core Elective|
Core Elective Modules Comparative Law
|An other (English-language) module of the faculty according to choice||6||Elective/Core Elective|
*For students with a Bachelor of Law degree from a Swiss university the module Introduction to Swiss Law is considered fulfilled upon commencement of the study program. Instead, they complete another (English-language) module of the faculty according to choice in the amount of 6 ECTS credits.
The Double Degree Master’s Programs comprise 120 ECTS credits. Of these, 60 ECTS are completed at the Faculty of Law UZH.
At the Faculty of Law UZH, courses and examinations are held mainly in German or exclusively in English, whereas at the partner faculties in their respective language of instruction.