The allocation of students to MA seminars at the Department of Economics is done through the module booking tool. If there is a shortage of seats, we will give preference to students that are majoring in Economics and have not yet attended a seminar and are already far in their studies. Please note that we cannot guarantee a spot.
Please note: there is no first come first served allocation. So you may apply at any time whithin the whole request period and have the same chances to get allocated.
There is no limitation on how many seminars you can submit a request for. However, please only apply for seminars you would actually attend if you get allocated. You will not get a higher priority in your preferred seminar just because you applied for several seminars.
Personal attendance at all sessions of a seminar is mandatory.
How to find an Economics seminar:
- Open the online course catalogue via this link: list of ECON modules fall 23
- Click group (top right, near the search field) -> select category
- Scroll down to see the list of seminars
Alternatively, you can:
- Open the online course catalogue: https://studentservices.uzh.ch
- Go to "Search"
- Enter "22MO" for seminars on the Master’s level in the search field on top of the page ("Search for Title, Short, Description"). You'll see a list of all courses, if you set the category to "seminars" you'll see all seminars.
Please note, that the central allocation only applies to seminars offered by the Department of Economics. In fall 23, these are:
- Recent Developments in Competition Policy (S) (03SM22MO0074)
Please read the information in the online course catalogue about requirements and additional documents for application carefully. Applications that do not fulfill the requirements or lack the requested documents will not be considered.
How to apply
- Request a spot in the new module booking tool. Instructions and a video can be found here: https://www.zi.uzh.ch/en/support/geschaeftsapplikationen/sapplus/bookingmodules.html
- In the field "Notes" it is required to add the following information:
List all the Economics MA seminars (ranked by priority) for which you have submitted a request. You can use the same text for each request.
Is this your first Economics seminar booking (indicate with a “Yes”)? Any other important information, e.g. the urgency of seminar credits needed, can be noted as well.
- Upload supporting documents (if requested and specified in the course description).
- Application deadline: Tuesday, 29.8.2023 (tool closes at 24:00)
- After the request period is over we will allocate the seminar spots by 8.9.2023 (evening) the latest.
- If you have been allocated to the seminar then the next step would be to join the kick-off meeting in the first week and decide if you keep your seat.
- If you have been allocated to the waiting list it is absolutely necessary that you join the kick-off meeting of the seminar in the first week in case you plan to accept the spot (provided that someone else cancels and thus a spot became available to you).
The seminar called Brennpunkt Wirtschaftspolitik – Ökonomie im Kampf der Argumente (S) Focus on Economic Policy - Economics in the Struggle of (03SM22MO0045) has a different mode of registration. Please check the online course catalogue for more info.