Navigation auf


UZH for Staff

Secondary Occupation

As part of the terms of your employment, you must report secondary occupation, public offices or self-employment to UZH.

The following document explains which forms of secondary occupation have to be reported. 

Fact Sheet on Secondary Occupation (PDF, 120 KB)

If there are doubts as to whether a particular form of secondary occupation is compatible with your role at UZH, the office or officer responsible decides whether you must obtain permission. 

Please complete the Notification of Secondary Occupation form yourself and give it to your HR representative for submission to the Human Resources Department.

Notification of Secondary Occupation (PDF, 869 KB)*
FAQs on Secondary Occupation (PDF, 200 KB)

Special provisions apply to professors. Their applications are processed by the Professorships Department.

Professorships Department


* Note: In order to edit a PDF form, please save it on your device (e.g. in your Downloads folder or on your Desktop). Right click and select “Open with” Adobe Acrobat Reader (or Adobe Acrobat DC, Pro). Please make sure you have version 10.0 or later of Adobe Acrobat installed. This will enable you to edit and save the form correctly.

Weiterführende Informationen


If you cannot find an answer to your question here, please contact the responsible HR representative in your organizational unit or the Competence Center responsible for you in the Human Resources Department.