Information on the Teaching Diploma for Upper Secondary Education is available on the following website (German only):
|Institut für Erziehungswissenschaft
Abteilung Lehrerinnen- und Lehrerbildung Maturitätsschulen
Phone 044 634 66 55
Students who have already graduated from the University of Zurich, or are currently enrolled in a Master's program at the University of Zurich and want also to be enrolled in the teacher training program have to submit an application via the Application Portal.
Student who are interested in starting the teacher training program directly after completing their Master's program at the University of Zurich have to submit a request for changing the degree program in the Semester Enrollment. If you do not successfully complete your Master's program, admission to the teacher training program will be rescinded.
Students from Other Institutes of Higher Education
Students must hold a Master’s degree or the equivalent from a university that is recognized by the University of Zurich and in the subject or subjects that they want to teach. The Teaching Diploma for Upper Secondary Schools at the University of Zurich can be obtained for the following subject: Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Law, English, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, Informatics, Italian, Latin, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Psychology/Pedagogy, Religion, Rhaeto-Romanic, Russian, Spanish.
The following types of admission to the teacher training program are given:
- Direct admission, with no restrictions or further conditions.
- Admission with restrictions, if you are required to fulfill certain conditions while working towards your Teaching Diploma.
- Conditional admission, if you are required to fulfill certain conditions before you begin your teacher training program. You have a total of four semesters to complete the requirements. Please note that during this period you may only earn the required ECTS credits. You are not allowed to acquire credits towards a degree.
- Admission with conditions and restrictions: The requirements above apply.
- Denial of Admission: In the case that your qualification does not meet the UZH admission requirements for the teacher training program.