Persons who hold a diploma in accordance with the Ordinance of the FDHA on Recognised Study Courses in Chiropractic at Foreign Universities of 20 August 2007 can be admitted to the state examination (Federal examination in Chiropractic) by the Medical Professions Commission MEBEKO, provided they have previously acquired 60 ECTS credits at a Swiss university in one of the disciplines of human medicine, chiropractic, dentistry, pharmacy or veterinary medicine.
At the University of Zurich, it is possible to complete the required 60 ECTS credits in the practical year (6th year of study) of the admissions restricted Master's degree program in Chiropractic Medicine as part of the supplementary program for professional practice.
Admission to the supplementary program for professional practice requires that
- you have Swiss or Liechtensteinian citizenship or a residence status defined by the University of Zurich s. Admission to Degree Programs in Medicine
- be able to present the formal decision of the Medical Professions Commission MEBEKO on admission to the federal examination,
- meet the language requirements (German or French level C1),
- pass the Clinic Entrance Exam and
- free study places are available.
1. Contact the Medical Professions Commission MEBEKO and inform them that you are seeking a place in the 6th year of study in Chiropractic Medicine at the University of Zurich in order to take the Federal Examination in Chiropractic. The MEBEKO will then issue you with the formal decision on your admission to the Federal Examination. For further information please contact MEBEKO: MEBEKO-Ausbildung@bag.admin.ch.
2. Submit an online application via the UZH application portal by End of February. Choose the degree program "Master of Chiropractic Medicine (RVO20)" and the study program "Chiropractic Medicine". In the section "Complete the Application", please write the note " Supplementary program for professional practice" in the field "Additional Comments".
With the online application you must submit the following documents:
- Signed declaration of consent (PDF, 57 KB)
- Current photo, in color, aspect ratio 3:4, image size at least 400x533 pixel for the UZH Card. Please make sure that the aspect ratio is correct, and edit the photo if necessary. Your head should be photographed in a frontal pose against a neutral background providing good contrast, and it should take up about 80% of the photo.
- Copy of official identification (passport or ID). Please scan the front and back of your ID.
- Your diploma in chiropractic medicine
- Formal decision of the Medical Professions Commission MEBEKO on admission to the federal examination
- Copy of residency papers required to study medicine (except for CH or LI citizens)
- Foreign-language applicants: language certificate German or French level C1 recognised by the University of Zurich
3. Completion of the Clinical Entrance Exam in Zurich.
4. If all requirements are met, you will receive the admission decision for the supplementary program for professional practice from the Admissions Office of the University of Zurich. As soon as you have enrolled at the University of Zurich, you can start your practical year.